Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Super Saturday Crafts

We had a craft day (Super Saturday) at our church last Saturday. I didn't sign up for all the crafts, but here are the ones I did end up making.
1. Fabric Strip Flowers - We took a long strip of fabric that was about 1-1.5" wide and using a needle and thread, stitched a running stitch up the edge of one side, then gathered it and twisted it into a circle and stitched it closed. Then I stitched on a button in the center. We glued an alligator clip to the back so it can be used as a hair clip.
2. Stamped Tile Coasters - These were made in sets of 4. We used "Stayz On" ink and stamed onto tiles. (there's a good tutorial for this on Trey and Lucy)
3. Gift Jars - There were 3 different options for these jar mixes. I made 2 of the Santa's Peppermint Chocolate bars. The ingredients are measured and stacked in the jars. Then you tie a paper on the jar with the recipe and any other ingredients that need to be added (like butter or eggs) and how to make it.
4. Hand Soap w/ Transparancy - The text was printed on transparancy sheets and then we cut them up and stuck them in an empty soap bottle. Then we poured in the soap.
5. Quoted Tile - These are the tiles that I actually cut all the vinyl for. I ended up cutting about 82 sheets of these (2 different quotes). They are 12"x12" and the vinyl was rubbed onto the tile. I can't find my plate holder to display it on.


There were other crafts . . .
1. zipper/cell phone charms
2. pumpkin spice muffin mix
3. hot cocoa mix
4. fabric backed plates (mod podge fabric to the back of a clear, glass plate (not diswasher safe)

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see what the different wards come up with for their Super Saturdays. Our ward had ours a couple weeks ago, but it was "wonderful wednesday," and held in the evening! :) I'll have to post soon about what I made! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article. it's time to avail this laminate wood floor miami visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. it's time to avail this Car Key Replacement Services visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thanks, I’ve recently been seeking for facts about this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve found so far. This time to take advantage of residential garage doors Plano TX visit for more details.

    ReplyDelete