Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patchwork Tote Bag

I made this bag for my mom for Christmas. She loves Moda fabrics, so I bought one of their charm packs (called Arcadia). I had to make up the pattern for this - and used the same techniques for boxed corners and the lining that I used in the trick-or-treat bag in October.
The handles were lined with interfacings, as was the patchwork fabric to give it extra strength. Each square was 5"x5", so the bag was roughly 15"x12" in size.

I loved how it turned out. I was trying to work on a tutorial for this bag when I made it in September, but things got crazy and I didn't finish it. So if you are interested in a tutorial, leave a comment so I can see if there's interest out there, and then I'll finish the write-up for the tutorial.


17 comments:

  1. I would love a tutorial! This is the exact shape and size of bag I have been looking for and hadn't quite found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag! I would love a tutorial. I have a charm pack of gorgeous pink squares that would be great for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very interested in a tutorial. That bag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgous bag, Id love a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to see a tutorial! Please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is so cute!! I would love to know how to make one myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes.....PLEASE!! I'd love to know how to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a gazillion scraps, and that would be a great way to use some of them! So stinkin' cute! I'd LOVE to see a tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im totally on a bag making hype! do tell how!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A tutorial would be great. I love bags but sometimes find they are just way to big. This looks like the perfect size!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm OBSESSED with making new bags, and LOVE that one! You should totally write a tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I have been looking at all the bags out there and would love a tutorial on it. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute bag, would definitely be interested in a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bag! I'd love to see a tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes please - a tutorial! That is a very cute bag and I need to make one.

    ReplyDelete