Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Shower - Cat in the Hat Style!

My mom and I threw my sis-in-law a Cat in the Hat baby shower over the weekend.  (she has an awesome blog by the way, so make sure to check it out)  It was so much fun to prepare for, but I'm so glad it's done - itsn't it always that way when you're the host?  Anyway, here are some pics from the day.
 Isn't my fireplace awesome!!!!  My husband finished it last week.  It used to be ugly painted brick with smoke damage from the previous owners.  So we slapped up some charcoal tile and he made the pillars and box seat and mantle to finish it off!

I found the idea for "wishes for baby" online.  So we clipped the cards to the ribbon on the mantle for everyone to fill out. 
 Kojo Designs was my inspiration for picking this theme for the baby shower.  They gave the awesome idea to cut up pages of the book and make them into a pennant banner.
 We had red, teal, and white candy in glass dishes and Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes. 
 I saw these cupcakes on several different blogs, but only one gave the crucial tip that the cotton candy melts really fast - like in 30 minutes or so, so dont' put that on till the last minute when guests are about to arrive.  I had a hard time finding plain red cupcake liners - I found a primary colors pack but would have had to buy multiple packs to get the red.  So I made cupcake wrappers out of red cardstock - and then I taped the "thing 1" or "thing 2" label to the front.

Here's our preggo guest of honor - isn't she adorable!  My mom found this frame at a thrift store and painted it teal.  We had all the guests pose with the frame and the Cat's Hat (that I made a while back here) if they wanted to.  Here's a couple more guests...


 
 And my mother-in-law makes awesome diaper cakes - I told her the theme ahead of time and she was able to make the design work around that.

And of course, we had to get the proud Daddy-to-be with a shot in the frame and hat.

9 comments:

  1. awww, it looks fantastic! thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It photographed so cute with the fun colors. It was a fun day. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO MUCH, Serena.

    I just blogged about the shower here: http://kariandnathan.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-showers-bring-may-babies.html

    Seriously, you and your mom did such a fabulous job. I LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about the shower on kari's blog... will you throw me a baby shower lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw one of these pics pinned on Pinterest. What a great party! I love your banner and the diaper cake. I'm adding this to the Dr. Seuss collection link list on my blog. I'd love to feature it in the next month as well. http://www.obseussed.com/p/books.html I've also pinned a couple pics to pinterest. http://pinterest.com/victoria_saley/obseussed-with-dr-seuss/ - Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable baby shower and I just love that photo booth. We just got engaged at one of best garden themed party Venues in NYC and my sister made DIY photo booth crafts for the bash. It was so fun and enjoyable. All thanks to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thx for post guys!
    by the way i want to say guys that i travel really often and if you like it as much as i do then u definitely must find car rent a very comfortable thing either! just follow this link to get your own car https://rental24h.com/

    ReplyDelete