Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lacing Cards

I've wanted to make some sort of lacing cards for a couple years now, either out of wood or laminated shapes.  I finally opted for the laminated style.  I designed number cards and printed them on 4x6 photo paper, then laminated them.
I didn't have a hole punch to reach all the way in around the numbers, so I used the old school "eyelet setter" (the 4mm size).  It wasn't as fast or clean as a hole punch would have been, but it got the desired effect.  The shoe laces I got are too long, but they work.  I keep these in my church bag to help keep the kids calm on Sundays.

3 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors! Would you be willing to share your printable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SmallTownLife...I'm having issues uploading the documents for these lacing cards - Your profile doesn't have an email listed, so can you email me at serena(dot)gerke(at)gmail.com, and I'll email you the documents. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative!! I NEVER thought about printing them on 4X6 photo paper and laminating them! I'm going to make a set!

    ReplyDelete